The community nursing service (commonly known as District Nurses) provides nursing care to people in their own homes. It is mainly for people who are confined to their home and who are over 18 years of age.
The team provides healthcare that enables individuals to increase and maintain their independence, while remaining at home.
We work closely with social services, GPs, other healthcare professionals and also patients and carers. The service makes sure that patients have the care, help and support they need, while maintaining their comfort and dignity.
Our community nursing service can help with:
- wound care, including access to the Tissue Viability Service
- continence care including access to specialist continence services
- supporting and managing long term conditions
- care for those with complex long term conditions including heart failure, stroke, respiratory illnesses and diabetes
- support and nursing care at end of life and continuing care including access to the Macmillan Specialist Service
- independent Living Team which supports faster recovery from illness
- finding the right equipment for your home so you can remain independent
- protecting your health e.g. flu vaccination
- providing advice for patients and carers
Service Operating Times
The service operates:
East of the county: 8am - 7pm Mon - Fri, Weekend and Bank Holiday's 8am - 5pm with the Independent Living Team covering the 5pm - 7pm.
North West of the county: 8am - 7pm.
South of the county: 8am - 7pm.
Referrals are made to the team by GPs, hospitals, social services and other professionals or patients can refer themselves into the service.
The team will make sure that the patient is being directed to the most appropriate service for their needs.
Health and social care professionals can contact the service by mobile phone, by face-to-face contact, by answer phone or by fax.
The public can contact the service by telephoning the local community nursing base or via their GP practice.
Please be aware, if you are attempting to contact the Sleaford community nursing team the telephone number is now 01522 307234.
Our Care Quality Commission Registration
If you would like information about inspections that the Care Quality Commission (CQC) has carried out on our services click here.