Community NHS staff praised at annual Celebrating Success Awards
The best teams and individuals working across community NHS services in Lincolnshire and in Peterborough have been crowned at a glittering awards ceremony.
The annual Celebrating Success Awards are run by Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust to celebrate and recognise staff achievements over the last 12 months.
The 2018 event, sponsored by Cambio Healthcare UK, Sheffield Hallam University, Smith & Nephew and Frank Health, was held at Belton Woods hotel, near Grantham.
More than 150 nominations were received for the awards across 12 different categories, each linked to LCHS's values developed with staff through the LCHS Way: we listen, we care, we act, we improve.
The judging panel this year included Lincolnshire Health Scrutiny Committee chairman and county councillor Carl Macey, LCHS non-executive directors Liz Libiszewski and Kevin Lockyer, LCHS urgent care lead Dr Rosemarie Daley and LCHS Clinical Senate chair Janet O'Neill.
The winners were:
- Patient Involvement Award - Sue Silvester and Rachel Rodgers (countywide TB service)
Highly commended - Lyndsey Clapham (Workforce Services), Asha Jackson (Peterborough Minor Illness and Injury Unit)
- Behind the Scenes Award - Tracey Chapman (Cardiac Rehabilitation Service, Louth/Skegness)
- Volunteer of the Year - Alan Lee (Cardiac Rehabilitation Service, Lincoln)
- Balancing Quality and Finance - Emily Scott Walker (leg ulcer specialist nurse, south Lincolnshire)
- Contribution to Lincolnshire's Health System Award - Urgent Care and Flow Team (countywide)
- Special Recognition Award - Ali Matthews (Grantham Integrated Community Team)
Highly commended - Michelle Porter (tissue viability specialist nurse, Grantham)
- Innovation Award - The Operations Centre (based at Beech House, Lincoln)
- Clinical Leadership Award - David Higginbottom (Urgent Care, Lincoln)
- Non-Clinical Leadership Award - James Pryke-Walker (IM&T countywide)
Highly commended - Emma Lee (Workforce Education Team)
- Clinical Team of the Year - Urgent Care (countywide)
- Non-Clinical Team of the Year - Organisational Development (countywide)
- Chair's Award: Living the LCHS Way - Sarah McKown (deputy director of nursing (interim)).
"To be chair of the trust is a great privilege and my congratulations extends across the 151 nominations received for these awards in addition to our winners. Thank you to our sponsors, judges and guests for helping to make it such a memorable occasion."