The Parkinson's nurse specialist provides information, advice and support for people with Parkinson's living in the community along with their carers, families and other healthcare professionals involved in their care.
Where does the service cover?
For individuals of all ages with a diagnosis of Parkinson's registered with a General Practitioner (GP), located in South West Lincolnshire CCG (All GPs in Grantham and Sleaford area)
Current services include:
- telephone and email access to the specialist nurse for those people diagnosed.
- specialist nurse assessment to look at the needs of each person with Parkinson's their family and carers.
- support to monitor and review the effectiveness of Parkinson's medication.
- working in partnership with others involved in caring for a person with Parkinson's.
- provision of specialist nurse clinics in the community.
- education to individuals, groups and multidisciplinary health and social care professionals to promote a greater understanding and awareness of Parkinson's.
The service currently runs from Mon-Fri 08.30-16.30 excluding Bank Holidays.
How can a person with Parkinson's access the service?
By asking their consultant, GP or any multidisciplinary healthcare professional involved in their care to refer them to the service.
Telephone: 0300 123 4868
Date last modified 30/09/2021