Grantham Enhanced Primary Care Out of Hours Service
Grantham and District Hospital
Seven days a week: 18:30 to 23:30
This service is for patients in need of urgent treatment for minor injuries and is based in the Kingfisher Suite at Grantham and District Hospital.
Patients can walk-in to access care for their injury without an appointment.
The Enhanced Primary Care Out of Hours Service can treat patients for:
- cuts, grazes and lacerations (but not very deep cuts that will not stop bleeding)
- minor scalds and burns
- strains, sprains and suspected fractures
- bites and stings
The service can not help patients with:
- head injuries with loss of consciousness
- road traffic injuries
- overdose of drugs or drinking of chemicals
- severe allergic reactions
- impacted foreign bodies
- doctor's certificates
- repeat prescriptions.
This service will run temporarily while reduced opening hours are in effect at the A&E department at Grantham and District Hospital. This service is not a replacement for A&E.