Equality and Diversity
Equality & Diversity Objectives 2017-2020
The trust’s equality and diversity priority objectives for 2017-2020. These are linked to the trust’s strategic objectives.
|Priority||Equality Objectives||Trust Objective|
|1.||Improving access and experience for local communities through engagement||To engage with the diverse communities that live Lincolnshire. Lincolnshire has a high population of migrant communities from Eastern Europe|
|2.||Improving outcomes using the Equality Delivery System (EDS2)||To put a direct focus on embedding the four goals of EDS2|
|3.||Improving outcomes for BME staff using the Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES)||To put a direct focus on improving outcomes for BME staff using the WRES indicators|
|4.||Improving outcomes for disabled staff linked to the forthcoming Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES)||WDES is the next equality standard to be implemented and a focus to get prepare for the implementation is needed.|
We recognise the value of equality as a provider of healthcare services and as an employer, and we will make every effort to eliminate discrimination and reduce inequality.
Public Sector Equality Duty
The general equality duty is set out in the Equality Act 2010 (the Act). In summary, those subject to the equality duty must, in the exercise of their functions, have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristics and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
The specific duties in summary are a need to publish information:
- publish sufficient information to demonstrate its compliance with the general equality duty across its functions on a basis.
This information must include, in particular:
- Information on the effect that its policies and practices have had on people who share a relevant protected characteristic, to demonstrate the extent to which it furthered the aims of the general equality duty for its employees and for others with an interest in the way it performs its functions.
Gender Pay Gap Statement
January 2017 update on quality objectives
Equality and diversity annual reports
Making health and social care information accessibleLincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust along with all organisations that provide NHS care and / or adult social care are required to follow the Accessible Information Standard in full from 31st July 2016 onwards.
Further details can be found on the NHS England website: