Lincolnshire NHS Charity
Lincolnshire NHS Charity is an independent and dedicated charity that plays a vital role in supporting both Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust and Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation NHS Trust to make a difference to service user care.
It supports innovative projects to enhance services and facilities that would not be funded by the NHS.
Last year alone, more than £80,000 was spent on improving patient care and supporting staff with additional training. Some of the purchases made were:
- toys for the children's room at Skegness Urgent Care
- treadmills for the Cardiac Rehabilitation Service
- an ultrasound bladder scanner for County Hospital, Louth
- Christmas decorations to brighten up wards for those in our care over the festive season.
The charity raises its money in many ways; staff and patients are often running various sponsored events, cake sales, balls and other events. Plus generous donations from patients and their families are very gratefully received.
Every penny is spent wisely and really does help local people. We are happy to keep in touch and let you know how your money has been spent.
The charity is governed by a highly qualified board of trustees and advisors. Its vision is to promote excellence in healthcare by raising and investing funds to improve the healing environment.
Lincolnshire NHS Charity is registered with the Charity Commission and its registration number is 1055217.
Click here to view the 2019/20 Lincolnshire NHS Charity annual report.
Whilst we gratefully receive donations to our charity from patients, members of the public and other organisations, we also pro-actively fundraise.
Staff, patients and their families work very hard each year to raise money for our Lincolnshire NHS Charity.
We have had balls, a sponsored swim, a charity race night, bake-offs, raffles, sponsored walks, Santa runs, sky dives and so much more.
We ensure that the money raised is spent locally, within the wishes of the donor and with great care to maximise the benefits to our patients.
If you would like to help with fundraising for us then please contact our friendly and helpful staff at lhnt.Charitable.Funds@nhs.net or on 01522 308893
Alternatively you can write to us at:Beech House Witham Park Waterside South Lincoln LN5 7JH
Visit our fundraising sites:
Virgin: Virgin general fund
Covid-19: Virgin Covid-19 fund
When donating, please make cheques payable to: Lincs Comm Health Servs NHS Trust Charitable Funds and let us know which service or fund your donation is intended for.
Christmas Card Competition
Lincolnshire NHS Charity is inviting people to showcase their photography skills for the benefit of the community by running a Christmas card photography competition.
Are you a budding photographer? Do you have a stunning picture of Lincolnshire?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then read on!
Following the success of our Christmas card appeal last year, we are on the hunt for another stunning image of Lincolnshire to put on our Christmas cards for 2021. The lucky winners photograph will be used on our Christmas cards and they will receive a free pack of cards!
How to enter:
Please email your original high resolution images (greater than 1MB file size) to: email@example.com.
A brief description of the photograph and your contact details should be included with the entry.
This competition closes on Sunday 15 August 2021 so be quick to submit your entries!
The winning photograph will be used on the Lincolnshire NHS Charity Christmas cards for 2021!
In addition to this, the winner will also receive one free pack of the Christmas cards featuring their image.
Terms and Conditions:
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a description of the image and entrant's contact details.
- Submitted image files must be of high resolution (greater than 1MB file size).
- All images submitted must be original work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Minor digital adjustments to submitted images is allowed, such as crop, levels, curves, contrast, colour, saturation and sharpening. However the image must still be a faithful representation of the original scene. Composite and multiple exposures are NOT allowed, nor the adding or removing of subjects into or from the image.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants however, as a condition of entry in to the competition, each entrant grants a royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Lincolnshire NHS Charity, Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust, and Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The winning entry will be that that which is judged to be the most visually appealing, original image which represents Lincolnshire.
Under Gift Aid, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) will usually top up every £1 given to a charity with 25p. So Charitable Funds could receive an extra £250 for every £1,000 you donate with no extra expense to you or your sponsors.*
For donations to be eligible for Gift Aid, the donor needs to be a UK taxpayer and have paid an equal amount in income/capital gains tax. This means, for us to claim £2.50 on a £10 donation, the sponsor must have paid at least £2.50 in tax. Gift Aid cannot be claimed on company donations or collections from other people.
To allow us to claim this much-needed additional income, you or your sponsors must:
- tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsorship form when they sponsor you or fill out a gift aid declaration form
- write their full name and title
- include their home address with full postcode
- avoid ditto marks. If a number of sponsors live at the same address, they must each complete the address and postcode fields
- donate individually. You cannot make joint donations, for example from Mr & Mrs Smith as the HMRC needs to determine who the taxpayer is
For more information about Gift Aid, please visit HMRC's website: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/
*Please note that Gift Aid top-ups should not considered as part of your sponsorship target.