Volunteer to Career
Volunteer to career (VtC) is a new pathway within our existing volunteer service. An opportunity for volunteers to realise their ambitions, learn new skills, gain qualifications, develop a sense of purpose, meet new people and be part of a team. This new initiative could potentially lead to a future career in healthcare.
On our community hospital wards in Gainsborough, Louth and Skegness.
Volunteers are vital on our wards in providing stimulation and company for patients. Keeping patients motivated is essential for their wellbeing and recovery.
- Doing activities with patients such as games, puzzles, crafts
- Motivating patients to complete self-directed therapy
- Supporting at mealtimes by handing out meals or encouraging patients to eat and drink
- Helping patients to keep in touch with their family through virtual visiting
- Meeting and greeting visitors to show them the way
- Fetching items for patients from the shop e.g., newspaper Keeping patients’ company by engaging in conversation
These are just some examples of how you can support patients on the ward.
- Develop and enhance your communication skills
- How to write a CV
- An opportunity to develop practical and transferable skills in Maths and English by completing Functional Skills level 1 or level 2
- The potential to complete a BTEC in Health and Social Care level 2 qualification
- An opportunity to gain a National Volunteer Certificate
- Involvement in shaping and improving the VtC programme through individual surveys and focus groups
- Shadowing members of staff to understand their roles
If you’re interested in the project, please get in touch for more information. The Volunteering Services team are here to support and advice you.
Complete the volunteer enquiry form below. Please state you have a particular interest or want to know more about the volunteer to career programme. Alternatively, please call us on 07581012627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we cannot accept volunteers if you are under 18 or if you are on an international student visa.