Johnson Community Hospital
Johnson Community Hospital
NB If you are using a Satnav please use the postcode PE11 3PB
01775 652 000
|Outpatients Department||Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 18:00||N/A|
11.30-1230, 1300-1700, 1730-2000
The Tulip Suite has open visiting.
If you are planning to visit one of our wards, please stay at home if you or your family members have had diarrhoea, vomiting or ‘flu-like’ symptoms in the last four days. This helps us to keep ‘winter vomiting’ or Norovirus away from vulnerable patients and staff who could pass it on. Symptoms of Norovirus include diarrhoea and vomiting and, just like flu, the virus can seriously affect vulnerable patients.
Welland ward provides 32 beds; 14 of these are single rooms as well as a four bedded palliative care suite called the Tulip Suite. The Tulip Suite treats patients with palliative care, end of life or respite needs.
The Tulip Suite offers open visiting hours for immediate family. Please discuss your visiting requirements with the nurse in charge.
Referrals to the inpatient beds are considered from all health care professionals.
This busy department provides a wide range of services including outpatient clinics that are managed by visiting consultants and registered nurses. Outpatient staff work with a wide range of specialities including:
- general surgery
- general medicine (treatment for diseases such as asthma, diabetes and arthritis)
- gynaecology (dealing with the health of the female reproductive system)
- orthopaedics (injuries and diseases to bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments)
- ophthalmology (eye problems)
- urology (male and female urinary tract system and the male reproductive organs)
- ear, nose and throat
- orthodontics (dentistry)
Referral to outpatients is via Choose & Book.
Johnson Hospital Outpatients Information
Minor Injuries Unit
The minor injuries unit offers fast and modern healthcare to people at a time which suits them. The unit will treat people with injuries e.g. sprains, cuts and grazes, broken bones, bites and stings.
You can self-refer to the minor injuries unit and referrals are also accepted from the ambulance service and out of hours service. No appointment is necessary.
Please note that the minor injuries unit will not treat patients with more serious medical conditions or major injuries. Patients should go to their local Accident & Emergency or dial 999.
Open 7 days a week between 8am - 6pm.
Johnson GP Centre
Blood Testing (Phlebotomy)
Blood testing services are available at Johnson Hospital every weekday, Monday to Friday.
- 7.30am to 8am - appointments only (tel: 01775 652083)
- 8am to 12.30pm - drop-in session, no appointment necessary, but you may have to wait
- 9.15am to 1.15pm - appointments only (tel: 01775 652083)
Open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Day Surgery Unit Facilities
- NHS East Midlands Ambulance Service Station
Car parking is free at Johnson Community Hospital.