We provide specialist diabetes care to patients with complex and intermediate diabetic problems.
We offer health promotion, education and support to patients and their carers within a variety of community settings to promote self-management and reduce disease complications.
Elements of the service
The promotion of healthy lifestyles through the referral to:
- weight reduction courses
- exercise programmes
- smoking cessation programmes
- treatment and care plans for individuals who have poorly controlled type 2 diabetes and in some cases type 1 diabetes
- education courses for individuals who are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
- insulin, exenatide, liraglutide, bydureon and lixisenatide initiation with structured education programmes as appropriate
- access to specialist dietitians (experts in food and nutrition)
- access to podiatry services
- the provision of clinics by a community based GP with special interest in diabetes
- the service is also able to access support from other specialist services such as palliative care, wound care, respiratory and heart failure services
- teaching and support of healthcare professionals
Service operating times
The service is provided from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Telephone: 0300 123 4868
Date last modified 01/03/2022