Gainsborough Urgent Treatment Centre
How we can help you
The Gainsborough Urgent Treatment Centre can treat a range of conditions which are not critical or life threatening.
- sprains and strains
- suspected broken limbs
- bites and stings
- minor burns and scalds
- head injuries (but not if someone is unconscious)
- insect and animal bites and stings minor eye injuries
- cuts, bruising and grazes.
You will be seen by an Advanced Practitioner. An X-ray service is available Monday - Friday 09.00-17.00.
Please remember if you have a medical emergency, dial 999.
How to use the Gainsborough Urgent Treatment Centre
Use the NHS 111 service
To help minimise waiting times and to support social distancing in our waiting room to prevent the spread of coronavirus, we are encouraging all patients to Talk before you Walk:
- call 111, open 24/7. Your call be answered by a highly trained operator who will be able to assist you quickly and easily in the convenience and safety of your own home
- visit 111.NHS.uk.
- use the NHS app.
You may be offered:
- a telephone or online video consultation with a clinician to diagnose your symptoms and to arrange treatment from a prescription, available to collect from a local pharmacy to sending an ambulance.
Find out more about Talk before you Walk.
Visit in person
You can also visit the Gainsborough Urgent Treatment Centre in person between 8am and 8pm. Your condition will be assessed by a clinician and you may be:
- offered an appointment to come back later to treat your condition
- seen immediately if your condition is serious
- provided with advice and information to treat your conditions using over the counter medicines available from your local pharmacy.
Other services that you can access
Your local pharmacist can provide confidential, expert advice and treatment for a range of common illnesses and complaints, without you having to go to your GP or other healthcare setting.
GP out of hours service
If you need a doctor out of normal hours, dial NHS 111 to contact the GP out of hours service.